User Portlet User Portlet

Youngjoo Chung
GIST
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

I received the B.S. degree in physics from Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea in 1982 and Ph.D. degree in plasma physics from Princeton University in 1989. I was with the Advanced Photon Source at Argonne National Laboratory between 1989 and 1996. I returned to Korea as an associate professor in Dept. of Information and Communications at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in 1996 and I was promoted to the full professor in 2001. My current research interests include specialty optical fibers and fiber gratings, optical fiber-based devices for communication and sensing, and symbolic computing based on Mathematica. My publications include 93 journal papers and 140 international conference papers. I wrote the SymbolicComputing package that facilitates symbolic computation in Mathematica. It enables display and interpretation of derivatives, vector operators and brakets using the traditional notation based on the low-level box language and contains about 700 user-defined functions for notation, manipulation and evaluation of various mathematical expressions.