User Portlet User Portlet

Kojack Davis
Not indicated
BLOG: Not indicated
INTERESTS IN JOBS & NETWORKING: Not indicated
ABOUT ME:

My name is Kojack J. Davis, but most of my friends call me Jonathan. I was born and raised in the Chicago, Illinois (also known as the Windy City) and have been residing New Orleans, Louisiana for the past 12 years. I relocated to the “Big Easy” after experiencing my first Mardi Gras. I took some very much needed vacation time away from my hometown and decided to experience the decadence of New Orleans. After my arrival, I did not know exactly what Mardi Gras was at this point. So, needless to say, after experiencing it; I decided to relocate to New Orleans, Louisiana. Since living here, I have had the opportunity of meeting some very intriguing individuals and experience some of the unique cuisines that only this great city offers. In my own opinion, I cannot find another city that compares to New Orleans!

Professional Life

In my professional life here in New Orleans is quite busy. My background is predominantly in the healthcare sector. For the past 10 years, I was the Administrative and Housing Emergency Assistance Coordinator for a non-profit organization called NO/Aids Task Force. The primary focus of this organization to assist clients and their families who are infected and/or affected by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and/or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS). I enjoyed my position with this organization advocating for funding, awareness and prevention to the community that individuals infected/affected by this disease can live a long happy life with adherence to treatment and have a positive, dependable support system that will not judge them on their “status,” but who they are as an individual. There is still so much that needs to be addressed regarding this disease. I am a firm believe that knowledge is power!

After my tenure with NO/Aids Task Force, I accepted a position as the Director of Compliance and Anti-Fraud provisions for a non-profit institution of healthcare located in New Orleans, Louisiana. I oversee the crises and suicide-counseling center that connects people to community resources that help them to resolve life’s biggest challenges. These services include but not limited to: Basic needs/housing, mental health care, public assistance, criminal justice and legal services, consumer education and protection, employment and disaster services. On April 1, 2014, I was elected President and Chief Executive Officer of the New Orleans Emergency Medical Services Foundation, Inc., a Louisiana non-profit corporation.

Educational Background

After attending Lincoln Academy, I was accepted into the American Public University located in Charles Town, West Virginia pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health. After a year of the program, I transferred to the University of Phoenix online program to continue my pursuit of higher education. While enrolled at these institutions of higher learning, I had experienced some traumatic events in my life with the quietus of my mother, friends and clients from my previous employment who lost the battle fighting with HIV. After their demise, I had this reoccurring dream that my calling is in the healthcare field, but more in the mortuary science field. After months of consulting with friends, family and counselors; I realize that this is my calling. Some people have their calling early in life, while others have it later on. So after taking some time to evaluate all the information that I had gathered, I decided to pursue a career in the field of mortuary science at Commonwealth Institute of Funeral Services.

Personal Life

I love reading autobiographies such as George, M. (1997). The Memoirs of Cleopatra, Gutman, R.W. (1999) Mozart and Reading, M. (2010). Nostradamus: The Top 100 Prophecies. Advocate for the Human Rights Campaign and HIV/AIDS research. In my spare time, I love to machine-embroider, carpet weave, calligraphy writing and traveling abroad. My partner of five years and I have two Canis Lupus Familiaris (Standard Poodles) name Chloe and NOLA. I am fluent in speaking, reading and writing French and English.