Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Open simulation files (.sme) from different OSs?

Apparently I cannot open a simulation file (.sme) that was generated in a SystemModeler for Windows in SystemModeler in an Apple machine. I get a message that this file "was generate in windows" and cannot be open.

The model file (.mo) CAN be opened on both platforms.

Is there any format conversion for .sme files

thanks

yehuda

4 Replies

As workaround you can use the fact that sme's are actually zip files (currently, no guarantees for the future). So you can just unzip the .sme and you'll see that it contains a .mat file that you can open in SimulationCenter.

I hope that helps, Otto

POSTED BY: Otto Tronarp

Hi Otto and Patrik,

Many thanks for your replies. I imagined that this is the situation, and the possibility to open .sme files without modifying them is desired in my case. I work with a MAC computer while assignments done by students are prepared with windows machines, so I have to be connected to the license-server (as my stand-alone license is for the MAC only).

best

yehuda

Patrik explained the original reason for how it is handled today. However, it would make sense to allow to open it and work with the result although it wouldn't be possible to change any parameters and/or re-run the simulation.

POSTED BY: Otto Tronarp

Hi,

.sme files contain the Simulation Executable. This means that if you import and .sme file into Simulation Center, you can rerun simulations with new parameter values and get new results. However, since it is a compiled executable, it is specific to the platform it was compiled on.

You should still be able to export result files, either in .MAT or .CSV format, and import it on a different platform. The option to do this is found under File > Export.

Hope that helps

POSTED BY: Patrik Ekenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract