Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Change font size for input (command) and output (result) lines?

I find the default size much too little and I have not found how to alter it.

POSTED BY: Jordi Vilalta
4 Replies

It's me again, Yehuda, and many thanks. I have edited my Stylesheet along the lines you have given me, and now my printouts of (beginner's exercises) notebooks look great. No, perhaps due to my faltering eyesight, 13 point size is too small for me. Thank you for your time, patience and kindness. Best wishes, jordi.

Hi Jordi,

For more specific changes you need to modify the style file

click on the "Format" menu -> "Edit Stylesheet"

A new window pops up. On the top left click ""Choose a Style" combo box

Select for example "Input"

A new cell appears. Click on its cell bracket on the right and then "Format" -> "Option Inspector"

On the search box write FontSize and then choose the size you want

Thats it - it will effect both the printing and how it appears on the screen

You need to repeat this for each cell style you want to modify. However, it is best to find a prepared style that meets your needs.

I wonder, the default font size for "Input" is 13 points. Isn't this enough?

best yehuda

I gratefully thank you for your attention towards a novice, yehuda. Magnification works fine (I use 200%), but doesn't help with printing the notebook, with all those title and even text lines rampant in glorious type size, but the input and output lines barely legible. As for styling input and output cells, that's what I've tried, unsuccessfully so far. I will keep trying. Again, thanks a lot. jordi

You may change the magnification of the notebook you are using. Look at the lower bar

Another option (which I assume is too complex due to the very basic nature of your question) is to modify the style for the required cell formats (i.e., input and output)

yehuda

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract