Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Import and Export .wlnet files on Raspberry Pi ?

Posted 7 years ago

When I try to use Export or Import function on my Raspberry Pi 3 with Mathematica 11.0.1 the process of export or import is stuck. Cell looks like that it's calculate but nothing happen later. The code is just sample

net=NetChain[{DotPlusLayer[100],DotPlusLayer[10]}]
Export["testnet.wlnet",net]

and than

Import["testnet.wlnet"]

But other types of files can be Export or Import well.

UPDATE:

I already created this issue earlier, but unfortunately there was no development in solving the problem. Maybe someone knows the answer to the question of how to fix the incorrect operation of the HDF5 converter? Replacing the converter version does not help. Wolfram has recently released a new release of Wolfram engine, but the problem is still there. The impossibility to use pre-trained neural networks on Raspberry pi completely exclude any serious possibility of using machine learning from Wolfram on Raspberry pi, and this problem requires a solution.

5 Replies

I already created this issue earlier, but unfortunately there was no development in solving the problem. Maybe someone knows the answer to the question of how to fix the incorrect operation of the HDF5 converter? Replacing the converter version does not help. Wolfram has recently released a new release of Wolfram engine, but the problem is still there. The impossibility to use pre-trained neural networks on Raspberry pi completely exclude any serious possibility of using machine learning from Wolfram on Raspberry pi, and this problem requires a solution.

This is caused by a problem (currently being addressed) with the HDF5 converter on the Raspberry Pi.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski

It's my pleasure. Thanks for reply. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Seems to work fine on 11.1 on Mac:

net=NetChain[{DotPlusLayer[100],DotPlusLayer[10]}];
Export["testnet.wlnet",net];
newnet=Import["testnet.wlnet"];
newnet===net

True
POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

Yes, it also works well in Windows and in Wolfram cloud, but not on Raspberry Pi

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract