Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to force new replies to appear here on W Community?

Posted 7 years ago

It happens quite frequently that I get an email about a new response to a thread, but when I load Wolfram Community in the browser, the response is not there. If I look at the same page in private browsing mode, I often do see the response. Thus I assumed that I just need to clear cookies. Google Chrome has a way to clear cookies for one website only: I click the ? sign in the address bar, click "k cookies in use" under Cookies, then remove them. Finally, I reload the page (and maybe log in again). But the new post still does not show up. So perhaps it is not a cookies issue but a caching one?

Question: I am sure that this bug will be fixed eventually, but until then: does anyone have a reliable method to force the new posts to load in Google Chrome?

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát
2 Replies

Apologies for inconvenience. We are working on these issues. In the meantime, this might also help in case you see 404 page or site appears to be down.

1) Install this extension for Chrome (or similar for your other browser):

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editthiscookie/fngmhnnpilhplaeedifhccceomclgfbg

2) Find this section in the extension and try other numbers 1, 2, 3 or 4 and save and reload the page

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

What I found is, is that if you edit one of your posts (i.e. by adding a space), then it will trigger something such that I see all the replies... Might work for you as well?

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract