|
4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Images in Datadrop/Databin not working?

Posted 7 years ago

I've been playing around with some experiments with Datadrops and I'm noticing that I am not able to submit images to a Databin from neither my raspberry pi, Mathematica Desktop 11.0 or from Wolfram Cloud. All three of them return the same error messages:

StringJoin:String expected at position  2  in 
https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/<>First[$Failed][UUID] 

CloudObject:No CloudObject found at the given address

It does create an object in the DataDrop with some size (a couple hundred kilobytes) but the data is unusable and just displays $Failed.

This is the test code I'm using:

bin = CreateDatabin["Interpretation" -> {"img" -> "Image"}]

timage = ExampleData[{"TestImage", "Elaine"}] 

DatabinAdd[bin, <|"img" -> timage|>]

I've tried a few variations like creating the Databin without a contract and simply doing DatabinAdd[bin, SomeImage] - all resulting in the same error.

4 Replies

Interestingly, I was able to get some results by resizing the image i was trying to put in the databin to 320x200 - i think the images are getting nabbed by the 25k limitation but not returning the appropriate error message, however, from reading the documentation inserting images to Databins is supported and i've seen examples of it doing so (including Stephen Wolfram's blog!)

https://datadrop.wolframcloud.com/databin/DD957e678a3df-3478-414a-b2fe-4b4fcb1c1e43

Do you still see the issue? The developers have made some changes that hopefully have resolved the issue.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Hi.

I'm sorry about the delay in responding to this. For quicker and official responses on potential issues you find, I recommend contacting support@wolfram.com. Developers and people sometimes don't catch things posted on online groups.

I was able to reproduce the problem and have forwarded it to the developer. My intuition is that "Image" isn't allowed for Databins, but the function should be giving a useful error message.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Can someone else try the example code to make sure it's not "just me"??

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract