Message Boards Message Boards

[GIF] Horizon (Marching lines)

Marching lines

Horizon

This is essentially the exact same code as Stay Upright; the only real difference is that it's viewed from a different perspective.

Here's the code:

DynamicModule[{n = 100, a = ?/4, viewpoint = {1, -1, 0}, ? = ?, range = 8, plane,
  cols = RGBColor /@ {"#F71735", "#FDFFFC", "#41EAD4", "#011627"}},
 plane = NullSpace[{viewpoint}];
 Manipulate[
  Graphics[{Thickness[.003], 
    Table[{Blend[cols[[;; -2]], r/?], 
      InfiniteLine[
       RotationMatrix[?].plane.# & /@ {{Cot[r] Csc[a], 0, Cot[a]}, {0, Cot[r] Sec[a], -Tan[a]}}]}, 
      {r, 2 ?/n + s, ?, 2 ?/n}]},
   Background -> cols[[-1]], PlotRange -> range, ImageSize -> 540],
  {s, 0, 2 ?/n}]
 ]
6 Replies

Moderator Note: this post was highlighted on the Wolfram's official social media channels. Thank you for your contribution. We are looking forward to your future posts.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here

Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

@Clayton I've read this on your Facebook, congrats!

My animation "Horizon" will be one of the featured GIFs in the ello.co x MediaLive: International GIF Competition at MediaLive next week at the Boulder Museum Of Contemporary Art. MediaLive events are free and the GIFs are on display all week (May 15-21), so if you're in Boulder next week, go check it out. Incidentally, I plan to attend the opening reception on Monday, May 15, so keep an eye out for me if you're there.

Please feel free to post any photos or other materials from the exhibition if possible. Good luck and have fun there!

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

Thanks! I will try to remember to take a photo or two.

Here is a photo of part of the exhibition:

MediaLive exhibition

And also me with another display:

Exhibition exhibitionism

Sorry about the terrible lighting and my substandard photo editing.

MediaLive International GIF Competition

Here's a short timelapse that Justin Gitlin made showing all the GIFs that are in the exhibit.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract