Message Boards Message Boards

Unable to save to Wolfram Cloud

GROUPS:

Hello,

I have recently started a trial of Mathematica 11.1.1.0 for use in developing a new 3D game engine.

The software works well, aside from the odd issue of not being able to save to Wolfram Cloud. I can create files on the Cloud website itself just fine. After creating a notebook on the cloud, I can then open the file from the cloud locally. What I cannot do is save the file or save a new file to the cloud. I will get a popup window called 'Wolfram Cloud Activity' with the filename and next to it, 'Waiting...' while both Mathematica and the kernel take up 50% CPU each (adding up to 100% CPU). Both processes will just hang there indefinitely with no network activity.

Oddly enough, I can use the Cloud API methods to save the notebook (as a new, unnamed file). I can also manually upload the file itself to the cloud. The only thing that does not work is saving to the cloud via the GUI (File -> Save to Wolfram Cloud...). The process will sit at 'Waiting...' taking up CPU until I cancel the "upload" manually.

This is a minor issue at best, but it would be nice to be able to use the in-program feature to save to the cloud without having to manually upload files.

My machine is a Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar Late 2016 model running macOS 10.12.4 if that helps.

Thanks.

POSTED BY: Joshua Pilkington
Answer
1 year ago

I would recommend contacting support.They should be able to help you with this issue.

POSTED BY: Kyle Martin
Answer
1 year ago

I have exactly the same problem with a 2015 MacBook with macOS 10.12.5. Did you contact support? Have you been able to solve the problem?

POSTED BY: Bernd Barsuhn
Answer
1 year ago

If you uninstall your current version, download a new release from user.wolfram.com, and reinstall this new download, does that help? (Otherwise contacting support would again probably be best here for a proper investigation into the issue)

Answer
1 year ago

Thanks for your answer. I have already contacted support.

It seems to be a known issue on macOS and it should be fixed in an upcoming release.

Answer
1 year ago

Is that a macOS update or a Mathematica update?

Thanks

POSTED BY: George Woodrow III
Answer
1 year ago

Hi,

I still do have the same problem with several Macs running 10.12.6 and Mathematica 11.1.0.0. Hope it will be fixed soon.

POSTED BY: Bruno Martin
Answer
11 months ago

Bruno, are you able to upgrade to the latest release of Mathematica? The issue should be addressed there. If you continue to experience the problems afterwards I would recommend contacting support.

Answer
11 months ago

OK, I dit and it fixed the problem. Thanks !

POSTED BY: Bruno Martin
Answer
11 months ago

I am still experiencing the same issue with Mathematica 11.1.1 and macOS 10.12.6. As far as I know, 11.1.1 is still the latest version.

Answer
11 months ago

Group Abstract Group Abstract