9 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Unable to save to Wolfram Cloud

Posted 7 years ago

Hello,

I have recently started a trial of Mathematica 11.1.1.0 for use in developing a new 3D game engine.

The software works well, aside from the odd issue of not being able to save to Wolfram Cloud. I can create files on the Cloud website itself just fine. After creating a notebook on the cloud, I can then open the file from the cloud locally. What I cannot do is save the file or save a new file to the cloud. I will get a popup window called 'Wolfram Cloud Activity' with the filename and next to it, 'Waiting...' while both Mathematica and the kernel take up 50% CPU each (adding up to 100% CPU). Both processes will just hang there indefinitely with no network activity.

Oddly enough, I can use the Cloud API methods to save the notebook (as a new, unnamed file). I can also manually upload the file itself to the cloud. The only thing that does not work is saving to the cloud via the GUI (File -> Save to Wolfram Cloud...). The process will sit at 'Waiting...' taking up CPU until I cancel the "upload" manually.

This is a minor issue at best, but it would be nice to be able to use the in-program feature to save to the cloud without having to manually upload files.

My machine is a Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar Late 2016 model running macOS 10.12.4 if that helps.

Thanks.

9 Replies
Posted 7 years ago

I would recommend contacting support.They should be able to help you with this issue.

POSTED BY: Kyle Martin
Posted 7 years ago

I have exactly the same problem with a 2015 MacBook with macOS 10.12.5. Did you contact support? Have you been able to solve the problem?

POSTED BY: Bernd Barsuhn
Posted 7 years ago

If you uninstall your current version, download a new release from user.wolfram.com, and reinstall this new download, does that help? (Otherwise contacting support would again probably be best here for a proper investigation into the issue)

Posted 7 years ago

Thanks for your answer. I have already contacted support.

It seems to be a known issue on macOS and it should be fixed in an upcoming release.

Is that a macOS update or a Mathematica update?

Thanks

Posted 7 years ago

Hi,

I still do have the same problem with several Macs running 10.12.6 and Mathematica 11.1.0.0. Hope it will be fixed soon.

POSTED BY: Bruno Martin
Posted 7 years ago

Bruno, are you able to upgrade to the latest release of Mathematica? The issue should be addressed there. If you continue to experience the problems afterwards I would recommend contacting support.

Posted 7 years ago

OK, I dit and it fixed the problem. Thanks !

POSTED BY: Bruno Martin
Posted 7 years ago

I am still experiencing the same issue with Mathematica 11.1.1 and macOS 10.12.6. As far as I know, 11.1.1 is still the latest version.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract