|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Improve a PredictorFunction?

Hi all,

I am currently using PredictFunction in Mathematica. My input data consists of 25 sets of data for training and 5 sets of data for testing. However the predictions are not as good as I expect. Can someone please let me know how to improve the predicted values? Would increasing the number of sets of data for training help the situation?

Best Regards,

Attachments:
POSTED BY: M.A. Ghorbani
3 Replies

Dear Daniel,

Thank you a lot and instead of using PredictFuntion, we used classifier. This led to no significant improvement, as attached. On a second reading of your advice, it now looks to me that we should classify our images using the Classifier in the first place and then ensure that we have to use a large number of images for each class using PredictFunction. Cheers,

Attachments:

With roughly one or two images in each class for training, I'd be very surprised in a classifier could do much better than random in terms of predictions on a test set. Also it might be better to use Classify, if the intent is for the outcomes to be a discrete set that just happens to be integers.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau

Dear Daniel,

Thank you a lot and instead of using PredictFuntion, we used classifier. This led to no significant improvement, as attached. On a second reading of your advice, it now looks to me that we should classify our images using the Classifier in the first place and then ensure that we have to use a large number of images for each class using PredictFunction. Cheers,

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract