|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[?] Use of ControllerManipulate?

Posted 7 years ago

Does anybody know in what way the command ControllerManipulate can be used? The help function says that it gives the same as Manipulate, but without a controlling slider or so. The controller would be outside. But what kind of controller is meant then? In other words, how can one control the result of ControllerManipulate? Does anybody have an example?

POSTED BY: Laurens Wachters
2 Replies

Thank you Kyle for your quick answer. If the help function of Mathematica would have provided some more information, e.g. a reference to the things you pointed at, I would not have been frustrated and not have been forced to bother you. I think Mathematica is a wonderful program. But improving the clarity of its help function would certainly greatly increase its popularity and widen its use. At this moment I don't have an application for the use of ControllerManipulate. I just hit at the existence of it. And in such cases I am used to try to find out what I can do with it. Thanks again!

POSTED BY: Laurens Wachters
Posted 7 years ago

I believe by "external controller device" it means something like a gamepad with a joystick (think xbox controller), not a control within the notebook outside of the specific manipulate object.

See this guide on Gamepad and Device Interface, you'll notice ControllerManipulate is listed here.

Are looking for something specific that you thought ControllerManipulate could accomplish?

POSTED BY: Kyle Martin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract