Message Boards Message Boards

Create a Wolfram Cloud and MySql databse connection?

Posted 7 years ago

Hi all,

Probably easy to solve, but I'm couldn' t find any related discussion I. I'm trying to create a simple connection to a remote MySql database with the input:

Needs["DatabaseLink`"];
JDBCDrivers["MySQL(Connector/J)"];
conn1 = OpenSQLConnection[JDBC["MySQL(Connector/J)", "serverIP:mysqlPort/DatabaseName"], 
 "Username" -> "user",
"Password" -> "password"]

but the output is always: "JDBC: could not create connection to database server".

I think that is probably something related to the MySql config file "/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf", where the only change I've made from the default file was insert "bind-address = 0.0.0.0".

[mysqld_safe]
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
nice            = 0

[mysqld]
user            = mysql
pid-file        = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket          = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
port            = 3306
basedir         = /usr
datadir         = /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir          = /tmp
lc-messages-dir = /usr/share/mysql
skip-external-locking
bind-address    = 0.0.0.0

Is there any other attribute that has to be inserted in this option file?

*With this same command, I was able to open the SQLConnection via Wolfram desktop. And I could normally open connection via Linux MySql client.

Any help will be trully appreciated. I'm trying to use Wolfram Cloud in my final graduation project.

3 Replies

Wolfram Research has another cloud product called Wolfram Enterprise Private Cloud , which features all of the functionality that you have seen in the 'Wolfram Cloud'. Because it is 'private', owners of these clouds can configure them to allow external links, amongst other things.

POSTED BY: Chad Knutson

Thank you for the answer Chad Knutson. Yes, data is not too large, maybe I can find a way out. But what do you mean with "Public Wolfram Cloud"?

Due to security concerns, remote database connections are disallowed in the public Wolfram Cloud.

I hope that you can work around this with your project. If your data is not too large, you could upload text files or mx files to the cloud and load data from them. Good luck.

POSTED BY: Chad Knutson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract