Message Boards Message Boards

Deploy 3D interactivity to the Wolfram cloud?

GROUPS:

Hi,

I have a website that involves a lot of (static) 3D graphics I've created in Mathematica. Is there a way to integrate 3D interactivity with the graphics with the Wolfram cloud? I would prefer to not use a Manipulate to rotate the graphics but rather just use the mouse. Is that possible? Would someone know of a tutorial on line I could read and learn how to do this if so? For example, suppose I had the plot Sin[x y] shown in my website. Could I then have a cloud link that would allow the user to then rotate the plot with the mouse?

Thanks, Dominic

POSTED BY: Dominic Milioto
Answer
17 days ago

Just an update. As a start, I can set up a Manipulate to rotate the graphics in the cloud but there is a lot of delay between moving the slider and rendering the graphics, and the quality of the graphics in the cloud is not as good as in the notebook. Is there a way to improve this?

CloudDeploy[
 Animate[With[{v = RotationTransform[\[Theta], {0, 0, 1}][{3, 0, 3}]},
   Show[Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5}, PlotRange -> 4, 
     ViewPoint -> v]]], {\[Theta], 0, 2 Pi}, 
  AnimationRunning -> False]]

which gives me the link:

link to cloud

Answer
17 days ago

Hi guys,

I can simply code:

CloudDeploy[Show[{pbYellowPlot, ptBluePlot, stRedPlot, sbGreenPlot}], Permissions -> {All -> {"Read", "Interact", "Evaluate"}}]

and then connect to that link and get a 3D interactive interface. However when I go to another machine and click on the link, the page loads, the plot displays for a second and then disappears with a small red box at the top of the page. When I place my cursor on the red box I get the message:

"Unable to get property "SameQ" of undefined or null reference".

Can someone help me get this working for all users for example if I want to post a 3D interactive plot to a forum such as Physics Forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/using-3d-interactivity-in-pf.924530/#post-5835418

Answer
15 days ago

Group Abstract Group Abstract