Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
6 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Is there a user guide to the Wolfram cloud iPad app?

There are several issues that I have with the app. Is there any current source of documentation in how to use the app?

POSTED BY: Steven Craighead
6 Replies

Oops, I guess we are using different apps. I'm using a beta Wolfram app which is essentially a cdf Player. The opening screen on my iPad appears below

opening screen

I'm afraid that's it.

POSTED BY: Tomas Garza

Thanks again for your help.

Uploading files is done through the "hamburger" icon on the upper left corner of the app screen. Click on it and you'll get the "Import Files" down on the left side. If you click on it one gets (well, I do) two choices, iCloud Drive and Dropbox. I use Dropbox, since all my files reside in Dropbox, and there it is easy to click on any cdf, which will bring it up to the iPad. Other files, you can get into the cloud somehow (no need to have Mathematica there) so that the app on the iPad can recognize them, provided both the iPad and the PC are synchronized. My technical knowledge is rather limited, but that's the general idea.

No matter what button I press I don't get any import files.

Here is the screen I get after login on the iPad.enter image description here

I press the icon in the left corner and I get this screen enter image description here No import file appears.

I don't have mathematica on the PC. I would like to bring cdf from the demo area into my cloud files, but it seems that there is no means to do that directly on the iPad. Any hints?

As far as I know there seems to be no source of documentation, but I find the iPad app reasonably simple to use. There are quite a few improvements since the first version, and it is working satisfactorily at this time. There is very little to do in order to use it: first, upload the cdf's you wish to have available and, second, simply click on any of them to bring it up and use it. Interactivity is opened with the icon at the lower left corner of the images, and sliders and other controls appear automatically. Latency time is reasonably short, at least at this time. I have uploaded some extensive cdf's which work without a hitch.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract