|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Solve an equation?

Posted 7 years ago

Any idea why the expression in the attached notebook wouldn't work (sorry I tried copy and pasting code but this template didn't like greek letters)? I've tried to keep it simple so I could compare to solution by hand, but not having any luck.

Attachments:
5 Replies

I spotted the paste code option but when I try that it doesn't display the greek letters properly e.g. it shows \ [Alpha] - so I thought better to just attach the notebook where it appears correctly.

Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 7 years ago

on wolfram communities web page (this page) do you see:

"Reply to this discussion" near bottom of page (baby blue with white editing box).

Look under that label and there is a row of buttons. You press the first on the left before pasting code. I think it will work easily for pasting code from Notebooks.

POSTED BY: Anonymous User

Not that this will solve your problem completely, but careful with subindices. You should avoid using them or use the Notation package. Also, I think you are missing a space between the alphas and the "a" letters.

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino

I tried without subindices and with spaces added as suggested but no joy

Posted 7 years ago

Perhaps Solve for Subscript[w,s]

Subscript[w,s]=Subscript[w,s]/.Solve[?*Subscript[a,s](Subscript[a,s]Subscript[w,s]^?)^(?-1)==w,Subscript[w,s]][[1]]

and then Simplify for Subscript[m,w]

Simplify[?*Subscript[a,u](Subscript[a,s]Subscript[w,s]^?)^(?-1),0<?<1&&0<?<1&&0<Subscript[a, s]]>Subscript[m,w]
POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract