Message Boards Message Boards

[?] Remove indentation from the Subchapter-style?

Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 7 years ago

I am endlessly confused by the formatting of the default style sheet, particularly that it indents Subchapter titles further right than Section titles. So I'm trying to change the appearance of Subchapter titles, to make them look like Chapter titles (and I'll make the Subchapter titles italic to distinguish them from Chapter titles.)

I understand how to change the size of Subchapter titles, and how to remove the dingbat, but I can't figure out how to remove the indentation? So in this example, "Content" is a Section-title, and "Sampling" is a Subchapter-title, but the indentation looks misleading to me. How to remove the indentation?

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
2 Replies

Try out the CellMargins option.

Are you making a stylesheet or adding the change in a notebook for each Subsection?

Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 7 years ago

Try out the CellMargins option.

Thanks! I got it to do what I want now.

Are you making a stylesheet or adding the change in a notebook for each Subsection?

I'm making a stylesheet, using Format -> Edit Stylesheet. I'm just a beginner at understanding stylesheets, but I've got it working in one notebook now. My next project will be to try to set it up as the default for all new notebooks I create.

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract