|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Laptop crashing when starting Mathematica 9

Posted 11 years ago
Hello

After installing mathematica 9.0.1 and I open the program to activate my trial the program stops working and windows is trying to find a solution. This is on windows 7 and as far as I can see my computer meets the requirements for mathematica 9. I tried installing it exactly the same way on my desktop and it didn't crash and I got to the activation part. I have uninstalled it completely and reinstalled several times and did a number of restarts of the computer. The crash happens right after the logo pops up on my screen. I don't know what other information is needed to answer this but feel free to ask.
POSTED BY: Anders Nielsen
3 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
Version: Mathematica Version 9.0.1.0, Microsoft Windows 64-bit
My mathematica crashed the same way. But only when it was not connected to the internet. I changed my default printer , and it fixed the problem. Follow these steps:
1. Start menu>>Devices and printers
2. There will be one/many printers listed there. The one with a green check mark on it is the default printer.
3. If you have only one printer, uninstall it (remove the printer). That means you will not be able to use your printer. In my case, the trouble was because of the printer
4. If you have more than one printer, right click on the printer which you want to set as the default printer (choose any one, other than the one already selected as the default printer). Click 'set as default printer'.
5. If this doesn't work, set another printer as the default printer (using the steps described in point no 4).
6. If mathematica doesnt work even after trying out all the printers, uninstall all the printers. This should do it.
POSTED BY: Sashwat Tanay
If you write support@wolfram.com, please include the output from running
  systeminfo
in a command-prompt window (via Start - Programs - Accessories, or Start - Run - cmd.exe)  
(This is long. Copy and paste it into return email or put it into a file and attach the file.) 

Does the Mathematica Kernel run?  That might be a useful datum.
To launch the kernel in MS-Windows, click Start menu - Programs -
Wolfram Mathematica - Mathematica 9 Kernel.

Does the computer crash, or does Mathematica fail to launch?
POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 11 years ago
Perhaps something in theese links can help:

Troubleshooting Mathematica
Fixing Common Problems by Resetting Mathematica to Its Default Configuration

If that doesn't fix it I suggest you mail support@wolfram.com
POSTED BY: Simon Schmidt
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract