Message Boards Message Boards

Calls to FinancialData failing?

Posted 6 years ago

Hi All,

Calls to FinancialData are failing for me this morning with the error message, "No internet connection can be established to the data source". This is occurring both on my local machine and on the web based Mathematica platform leading me to believe this is a back end problem with data source connectivity, presumably Yahoo Finance. A simple call such as FinancialData["SPY"] is failing.

Can someone attempt to replicate and reply back so I know the problem is not specific to me?

Also, if anyone has additional information on this issue I would love to hear. I am aware there are other data options available for a fee, but in my case I use so little of the data it does not make sense to pay $50 a month. Additionally, the FinancialData function is pretty convenient, but alas, unreliable.

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Cory Haupt
6 Replies

Also this might come handy at some point: "Financial data from Quandl in Wolfram Language using QuandlLink"

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/540228

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

The data is accessible through EntityValue

EntityValue[Entity["Financial", "NYSE:SPY"], "LatestTrade"]
Posted 6 years ago

I have the same problem but was able to get the data via WolframAlpha e.g. WolframAlpha["APPL close Nov 4 2016 to Nov 6 2017"]

POSTED BY: Tom Lovorn

You're right — we're working to get an update to FinancialData pushed out as soon as possible that will restore those basic calls and others that are currently failing.

POSTED BY: Alan Joyce
Posted 6 years ago

Thanks so much!

Regards

POSTED BY: Cory Haupt
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract