Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Professional deployment limitations of Enterprise CDF?

Posted 11 months ago
|
0 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
|

Hello, I have been developing CDF applications to be deployed (sold) some will be in mass quantities (hundreds) but some will be tailored to one application. But I am faced with rather an important limitation when it comes to protecting my IP and controlling the use of my codes. (One side complain) Even though it is not "nice" I accept the fact that the user has to download CDF player, which is a huge file. My main concerns are:

1- Encrypting the code. I follow the http://www.wolfram.com/broadcast/video.php?c=88&v=596 but this looks like it predates the Enterprise edition. I could not find an official documentation about the security of Encoding and SetAttributes. This is unsettling. My question is: Is there a real encryption option for CDF deployment that people do agree upon? 2- Control after the deployment. There is no option to control how long the CDF can run, or it can run on one computer. Of course, you can manually set a " time limitation" in every code and ask your client to give MAC address or etc. But that is unproductive and unprofessional. I am surprised that Wolfram came up a product that is advertised as commercial deployment and don't provide necessary tools for that (to my knowledge) . My questions is: How to deploy and keep the control/licensing of my solvers?

I am aware that there is a cloud option which is by itself really confusing Mathematica Online, Wolfram Development Platform, Wolfram One. I read many posts about those and it looks like even Wolfram Research does not know how they are going to make a differentiation between products.

According to me, one of the weakest points of Wolfram Research is to provide advance tutorials. They like to show the concepts in a really basic environment which kind of fails for real-world applications.

Thank you for the responses.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract