Message Boards Message Boards

Professional deployment limitations of Enterprise CDF?

Posted 6 years ago

Hello, I have been developing CDF applications to be deployed (sold) some will be in mass quantities (hundreds) but some will be tailored to one application. But I am faced with rather an important limitation when it comes to protecting my IP and controlling the use of my codes. (One side complain) Even though it is not "nice" I accept the fact that the user has to download CDF player, which is a huge file. My main concerns are:

1- Encrypting the code. I follow the http://www.wolfram.com/broadcast/video.php?c=88&v=596 but this looks like it predates the Enterprise edition. I could not find an official documentation about the security of Encoding and SetAttributes. This is unsettling. My question is: Is there a real encryption option for CDF deployment that people do agree upon? 2- Control after the deployment. There is no option to control how long the CDF can run, or it can run on one computer. Of course, you can manually set a " time limitation" in every code and ask your client to give MAC address or etc. But that is unproductive and unprofessional. I am surprised that Wolfram came up a product that is advertised as commercial deployment and don't provide necessary tools for that (to my knowledge) . My questions is: How to deploy and keep the control/licensing of my solvers?

I am aware that there is a cloud option which is by itself really confusing Mathematica Online, Wolfram Development Platform, Wolfram One. I read many posts about those and it looks like even Wolfram Research does not know how they are going to make a differentiation between products.

According to me, one of the weakest points of Wolfram Research is to provide advance tutorials. They like to show the concepts in a really basic environment which kind of fails for real-world applications.

Thank you for the responses.

POSTED BY: Erdem Uguz
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract