|
4 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[?]  First passage time distribution with moving boundary

Posted 6 years ago

Hello everyone! I'd like to investigate a first passage problem with moving boundary. I'm not good in Wolfram Mathematica and I don't see how I can modify this code (from Mathematica Help, but I'm interested not only in Wiener process)

sample = Map[FirstCase[#, _?(Last[#] >= 2 &)] &, 
   RandomFunction[WienerProcess[1, 1], {0, 15, 0.01}, 10^4]["Paths"]];

data0 = DeleteCases[sample, {}][[All, 1]];

data = Cases[data0, _?Positive];

Show[Histogram[data, 30, "PDF"]]

I want to replace "2" in the first code line to some function f(t)f(t) and I understand I've got to calculate the boundary at times f(ti)f(ti) and then check the condition X(ti)?f(ti)X(ti)?f(ti) and if it's true, titi is a hitting time for this trajectory, but what should I do in code?

Thanks for help and I'm sorry for bad English.

POSTED BY: Anonym Anonymous
4 Replies

Dear Anonymous (nice name!),

Can you explain what you want more clearly? I am not sure I understand. If you want to change the threshold to some f[t]^2, you can do that with:

ff[t_] := 2 + .1*t
sample = Map[FirstCase[#, _?(Last[#] >= ff[First[#]]^2 &)] &, 
  RandomFunction[WienerProcess[1, 1], {0, 15, 0.01}, 5]["Paths"]]

(shown for 5 paths instead of 10^4). I do not understand why you have f(t)f(t) and titi-- do you mean f(t)^2 and ti^2 or are those typos? Above I assumed you meant f(t)^2. What is X(ti)? I don't understand how you want to use this X(ti)>=f(ti)X(ti)>=f(ti)

POSTED BY: Neil Singer

Oh, sorry, I copied my question from another site (and there I used TeX). I mean I want to find a first passage time distribution with moving boundary (and boundary is some function $f(t)$) and I don't know how to do it. In example from help $f(t)$ is just a constant "2", but I want, for example, $a + \sqrt t $. And I understand I've got to calculate boundary at each step $f({t_i})$ and if at some step stochastic process $X({t_i}) > f({t_i})$ then $f({t_i})$ is a hitting time.

I think this is what you want

ff[t_] := 2 + Sqrt[t]
sample = Map[FirstCase[#, _?(Last[#] >= ff[First[#]] &)] &, 
  RandomFunction[WienerProcess[1, 1], {0, 15, 0.01}, 500]["Paths"]]

data0 = DeleteCases[sample, Missing[_]][[All, 1]]
data = Cases[data0, _?Positive];

Histogram[data, 30, "PDF"]

Regards

POSTED BY: Neil Singer

Thank you, it works!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract