Message Boards Message Boards

Manipulate a bivariate graph?

Posted 6 years ago

Yes, I was trying to Manipulate a Bivariate Distribution graph using the input shown below. I got the bivariate distribution from http://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/BinormalDistribution.html and I am trying to make it manipulate the inputs by using Manipulate. This is what I have in the program,

Manipulate[
 ParallelTable[
  Plot3D[PDF[
    BinormalDistribution[{0, 0}, {\[Sigma]x, \[Sigma]y}, \[Rho]], {x, 
     y}], {x, -1, 6}, {y, 0, 11}, PlotRange -> All, 
   MeshFunctions -> {#3 &}, MeshShading -> {None, Red, None, Yellow}, 
   PlotPoints -> 25], {\[Rho], {\[Rho]}}], {\[Sigma]x, -3, 
  3}, {\[Sigma]y, -3, 3}, {\[Rho], -5, 5}]

However, when the output come out the graph is not being shown. I am not receiving any errors, and even as I slide the bars nothing is showing up. How can I fix this?

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Kali Boggs
2 Replies

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

You do not have to keep commenting if you need a simple EDIT - you can edit your posts.

The rules explain how to format your code properly. If you do not format code, it may become corrupted and useless to other members. Please EDIT your posts and make sure code blocks start on a new paragraph and look framed and colored like this.

int = Integrate[1/(x^3 - 1), x];
Map[Framed, int, Infinity]

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 6 years ago

UPDATE: I have changed the values for Rho since they cannot be above -1 to 1. However, the same thing is happening where the graph is not being shown with no errors being given from Mathematica. Here is the new Input:

Manipulate[ ParallelTable[ Plot3D[PDF[ BinormalDistribution[{0, 0}, {[Sigma]x, [Sigma]y}, [Rho]], {x, y}], {x, -5, 5}, {y, -5, 5}, PlotRange -> All, MeshFunctions -> {#3 &}, MeshShading -> {None, Red, None, Yellow}, PlotPoints -> 25], {[Rho], {[Rho]}}], {[Sigma]x, -3, 3}, {[Sigma]y, -3, 3}, {[Rho], -.9, .9}]

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Kali Boggs
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract