Message Boards Message Boards

Solve numerically a triple integral with multiple variables in the bounds?

Posted 6 years ago

Hello - I've found some posts that are similar to my question, but none that match it enough to help.

I'm trying to solve a triple integral numerically, but I keep running into the problem that the Mathematica doesn't like the bounds. The issue is that the bounds on the most interior integral involve two variables, and I don't know how to fix this and turn it into an integral with one variable in the bounds. I think...... The integral is given below.

NIntegrate[((r12^2 + r13^2 - r23^2) gLJ[r23, sAr, 0, epsAr] r23 dVLJdr[r13, sAr, epsAr] gLJ[r13, sAr, 0, epsAr])/r12^2, {r12, 0, \[Infinity]}, {r13, 0, \[Infinity]}, {r23, Abs[r12 - r13], r12 + r13}]

If it seems that its actually the functions themselves that are the issue, I will be happy to show them. I just didn't want to clutter the message.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

For those familiar with thermodynamics, this is part of an attempt at a solution of a three body radial distribution function for a Leonard-Jones fluid.

POSTED BY: Edward Chandler

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

The rules explain how to format your code properly. If you do not format code, it may become corrupted and useless to other members. Please EDIT your posts and make sure code blocks start on a new paragraph and look framed and colored like this.

int = Integrate[1/(x^3 - 1), x];
Map[Framed, int, Infinity]

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract