Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
6 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Resources on Wolfram Language for college calculus course?

Posted 6 years ago

Hello, I'm new to Wolfram Language and am learning in college Calc 1 course. I was told we will be using the program for the remainder of calculus courses that i need to take. I'm struggling a little to get Wolfram Language to do what I'd like it to, and was wondering if anyone could recommend some resources for learning and specifically for calc classes. I seem to learn best from books, but will gladly look into anything available. Thanks, Tom

POSTED BY: Thomas Pratley
4 Replies
Posted 6 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you. A wealth of info from the community. I'm glad I came here.

POSTED BY: Thomas Pratley

If you're looking for more of a live training with instructor feedback, there will also be a few Hands-On Start training sessions over the next few weeks. There's actually one tomorrow!

http://www.wolfram.com/wolfram-u/special-event/hands-on-start-to-mathematica/

One of my favorite tutorials (and I took it before it was a live tutorial)!

POSTED BY: Sam Tone

There are many textbooks - see this LINK.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Posted 6 years ago

The following article contains some great resources for getting started with Mathematica and the Wolfram Language: http://support.wolfram.com/kb/30451

For a more thorough introduction I might recommend An Elementary Introduction to the Wolfram Language. It's a free online book which has everything you need, including exercises, to get started with the language.

We also have the Fast Introduction for Math Students tutorial which more directly covers a lot of the topics you might need for a calculus class.

Mathematica is a great tool to accompany your studies in mathematics and other fields, and getting practice early in it is certainly worth your time. Good luck!

POSTED BY: Kyle Martin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract