Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
8 Replies
|
17 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Books on machine learning based on Wolfram Language?

Hi, I noticed that there are a lot of books and courses on machine learning with Python, R, Matlab. Are there any good books based on Wolfram Language? Thx.

POSTED BY: l van Veen
8 Replies

Well, I am working on a book like that: "Simplified Machine Learning Workflows" (at GitHub). It has been at "60% of completion" for 3 years. I hope to push it much further ahead before WTC 2022...

POSTED BY: Anton Antonov

That's great. I read Etienne's book and I really like it alot. I even had a colleague (no Mathematica knowledge) read it and he like it also very much. Very curious about your book!

Posted 1 year ago

This book Alva, J. V. (2021). Beginning Mathematica and Wolfram for Data Science. Apress is indeed great. One of the best I've read. I try to read as much as possible now because I want to improve my skills. I wish I had more time for books like this one, but because of my studies, I don't have a lot of free time.

POSTED BY: Kathy Boyer

Yes!

Simple and enough complete book on ML, including Neural Networks

Alva, J. V. (2021). Beginning Mathematica and Wolfram for Data Science. Apress.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Konstantin Nosov

Soon this will be out: https://www.wolfram-media.com/products/introduction-to-machine-learning.html

Title: INTRODUCTION TO MACHINE LEARNING
Author: Etienne Bernard
Paperback: $34.95
Publisher: Wolfram Media, Inc.
Publication Date: November 2021
ISBN-13: 978-1-57955-044-8 (paperback)
ISBN-13: 978-1-57955-045-5 (eBook)

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Kapio Letto

The book by Phil Gregory is geared to data analysis, not specific on machine learning. But he provides a large section on Markov Chain Monte Carlo. He also provides a Wolfram Language notebook with worked examples. You can find these at the Resources section of this link http://www.cambridge.org/nl/academic/subjects/statistics-probability/statistics-physical-sciences-and-engineering/bayesian-logical-data-analysis-physical-sciences-comparative-approach-mathematica-support?format=PB

POSTED BY: Romke Bontekoe

Despite the extensive documentation, and always growing, it is indeed something that is missing. The same thing can be said of MOOC's.

POSTED BY: Pedro Fonseca
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract