Message Boards Message Boards

Use Visual Studio Community 2017 Compiler for SystemModeler?

Posted 6 years ago

I am having problems using the Visual Studio 2017 Community compiler as the compiler for SystemModeler. I have also VS2013 installed and it works fine, but when selecting VS2017 and trying to verify I get the following error:

Command: cl Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat Version: VS2017 Platform path: User flags: User setup script arguments: Target arch: x86_64 Custom: false

Log file:

"Calling Visual C++ setup script "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/Common7/Tools/VsDevCmd.bat" -arch=amd64" ********************************************************************** ** Visual Studio 2017 Developer Command Prompt v15.5.5 ** Copyright (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation **********************************************************************

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 14.12.25835.0 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'testcompile1517868067963.makefile' not found Stop.

Is Visual Studio 2017 supported in SystemModeler 5.0?

Thanks,

William

POSTED BY: JOSE OLIVER
3 Replies

Thank you very much for verifying my suspicion.

Otto

POSTED BY: Otto Tronarp
Posted 6 years ago

You were right Otto, calling VsDevCmd.bat changed the working directory to "c:\Users\user\source\".

Modifying "CompileVC.bat" found in "C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\SystemModeler 5.0\SystemFiles\Scripts\" in order to change the working directory back again to the original one solved the issue.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: JOSE OLIVER

Yes Visual Studio 2017 is supported in SystemModeler 5.0.

You seem to experience the same problems as reported in this thread. I would be grateful if you please could try the CompileVC.bat posted there and report your findings, with that information we could perhaps figure out whats going on and come up with a solution/workaround.

Otto

POSTED BY: Otto Tronarp
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract