Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Avoid a blank cartesian coordinate system while using ParametricPlot3D?

Posted 6 months ago
|
2 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
|

Hey folks, I recently installed Wolfram Mathematica on my laptop and I have just noticed that my program is completely incapable of producing three-dimensional parametric plots. I've tried looking for errors in my syntax but it didn't change a thing. I even ended up copying the example functions for parametricPlot3D and pasting them in my documents, but Mathematica only produced a blank cartesian coordinate system in two dimensions.

This is the line I used: ParametricPlot3D[{Sin[u], Cos[u], u/10}, {u, 0, 20}].. and Mathematica only produces blank two-dimensional coordinates. Has anyone else experienced this problem? As I am fairily new to Mathematica it very well may be that I've committed a fundamental mistake but I sure can't seem to find one no matter how hard I try.

Anyway, I just wanted to show you my problem... If anyone knows a fix to this, make sure to let me know. Thank you in advance!

2 Replies

Very strange. Can you run the code directly inside the documentation pages?

Once I had a curious problem with graphics reverting to pre-version-6 format. It was due to a corruption of some initialization file in $UserBaseDirectory. If you have not personalized Mathematica yet, you may try trashing that directory and see what happens.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract