Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Use Standby component prior to their need at a deterministic time?

Posted 5 months ago
|
0 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
|

Hi this might be a simple question but i still can't figure it out. Suppose i have component which is critical to the survival of a machine. The component has a lifetime distribution distA if it is active and distI if is not active. There is a identical backup of this component in the system.

Now in a parallel configuration, given the survival of the system till time t, its failure before time s>t is given by:

NProbability[Conditioned[z<=s,z>t],Distributed[z,ReliabilityDistribution[x || y, {{x,distA}, {y,distA}}]]]

Similarly in a standby arrangement the same probability is given by

NProbability[Conditioned[z<=s,z>t],Distributed[z,StandbyDistribution[distA, {{distI, distA}},1]]]

But my question is how do i model the situation where system switching from primary to the backup happens at a fixed time a<t. So i want to calculate the probability given that the primary component has survived for a fixed time a in active mode and secondary has survived till time a in inactive mode but the operator still switched to backup, now what is the probability that the backup failed at some time s>t given that the backup additionally survived till t in active mode after already surviving till a in inactive mode. I know mathematica provides NProbabiltiy and Conditioned. But how do i use these to calculate the require probability?

Conditioned[y1<=s , x>a && y0>a && (y1>t | y1 >a)] where Distributed[x,distA], Distributed[y0,distI], Distributed[y1,distA]

I am not sure where the above expression is even modelling the event correctly. Any help please.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract