Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Get and plot Financial Data for NASDAQ - Price Works but Volume Does Not?

Posted 6 years ago

Hi,

I'm trying to plot NASDAQ price and volume using the following commands. Interestingly the "Volume" property works for individual securities but does not work for market indices like NASDAQ. Has anyone else observed this issue?

DateListPlot[FinancialData["NASDAQ",{{2018,1},{2018,4}}],PlotLabel ->"NASDAQ" ]   --> this works
DateListPlot[FinancialData["NASDAQ","Volume",{{2018,1},{2018,3}}],PlotLabel ->"NASDAQ Volume" ]  --> this does not work

Thanks

POSTED BY: Robert Stephens
3 Replies

Found this problem via FinancialData["IBM","Volume"] and FinancialData["IBM","OHLCV"] a couple of weeks ago. Confirmed this problem on StackExchange. I submitted results to Wolfram support team. They confirmed this is a problem and forwarded the issue to the development team. No ETA on a fix. StackExchange confirmed same problem with volume on Wolfram|Alpha results.

POSTED BY: Stewart Bodzin
Posted 6 years ago

Hi I am trying to get the steps to solve this math problem please. A health system has forecast net patient revenue in the first 3 months of the year as follows (figures in millions): January, $200; February, $140; March, $200; 70% of services are usually paid for in the month that they take place, 20% in the following month, and the final 10% in the next month. Receivables at the end of December were $100 million. What is the forecast for outstanding receivables at the end of March? a) $132 million b) $100 million

c) $78 million d) $92 million

Thank u Mr. Sam

POSTED BY: Sam Mansi

Also note that the same function calls on DJIA work fine:

FinancialData["DJIA", {{2018, 1}, {2018, 4}}]  (* works fine *)
FinancialData["DJIA", "Volume", {{2018, 1}, {2018, 4}}] (* works fine *) 

So something appears to be broken with NASDAQ Volume in the Financial Data function call or the data server

Thanks

POSTED BY: Robert Stephens
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract