Message Boards Message Boards

Use Mathematica Excel-Link with a 64bit Windows Server 2016?

Posted 6 years ago

Hi,

I'm trying to replace VBA with Mathematica in Excel spreadsheets.

I understand that Excel-Link is the right tool, but reading the documentation on the Wolfram website it seems that the product is not compatible with 64-bit Excel.

"Mathematica Link for Excel 3.7.1 requires Mathematica 8 or greater and Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer. It is available for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. Earlier software and operating systems may be supported with a few limitations. ***The ExcelLink package for Mathematica is compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Mathematica and Excel. The Mathematica Link add-in for Excel is compatible only with the 32-bit version of Excel***. "

My platform is a 64bit Windows Server 2016 with a 64bit Excel, this means that I can use ExcelLink package to drive Excel/64bit from a Mathematica-notebook but I can not create mathematica-macros cause the 32/64 bit incompatibility.

Can someone using Excel-Link help me better understand the situation?

Thank you so much for your collaboration

Massimo

POSTED BY: Massimo Salese
Posted 6 years ago

I have received confirmation from the Wolfram support, in order to have full compatibility it is recommended to use Excel 32Bit.

It's a shame !. Since the spreadsheet can be a quick method for developing an MM app interface.

I hope that Wolfram will soon have a product upgrade.

POSTED BY: Massimo Salese
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract