Message Boards Message Boards

[WSS18] Image Morphing Using Semantic Segmentation and Shape Interpolation

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Manan Aggarwal
5 Replies

This is a really nice post. Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to playing with your code.

Thanks,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Did you play around with Inpaint and texture synthesis at all? I feel like the natural next step for this is to remove the old fish, fill in the background with texture synthesis and then put the new fish into the picture.

Either way, I'm really excited to work thru and understand your RadialBasisInterpolation function. I've needed this for my own projects and the interpolating function I've made haven't been satisfactory.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Hi Marco,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. I'd be really interested in hearing about the results of your tests!

Best,

Manan

Hi Sean,

Thank you so much for your excellent suggestion! I have never used Inpaint before but judging by the documentation, it seems to be the perfect place to start. Regardless, this is a great idea and I'm really excited to play with it.

I'm really happy to hear about your future plans. I've tried to include a brief description of my RadialBasisInterpolation function with this post but if you're interested in learning more about it I would encourage you to check out the following resources: -

1. A Practical Guide to Radial Basis Function: provides a good in-depth review of RBFs
  2. Approximate Thin Plate Spline Mappings: explains different approximation methods for TPS Mappings and Principal Warps

Best,

Manan

enter image description here - Congratulations! This post is now a Staff Pick as distinguished by a badge on your profile! Thank you, keep it coming!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract