Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Deploy part of a notebook to a web page?

Posted 3 months ago
|
4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
|

I am a beginner and have subscribed to Mathematica Online. I would like to deploy part of a notebook to a web page but it seems that the menu option "Publish" only deploys an entire notebook without an option to select only part of the notebook.

Any help appreciated

4 Replies

you might be asking for too much. you already have the bull by the horns don't you?

if you had to maintain a website and find a way to get HTML into web pages dynamically - wow. it's already saving you a ton of work

but for the sake of argument. let's say you had a page deployed. then if you wanted you could cut and paste just part of a page on the page and re-deploy it.

how would you save or delete a deployment had you not opened or closed a file (have a filename)? i'm unsure you want what your asking for.

Lawrence,

Look at CloudDeploy[] and related functions. You can specify what gets sent to the cloud this way.

Regards,

Neil

Posted 3 months ago

Give this a try. We'll make a button that can deploy the current selection in a notebook:

Button["Deploy",
 Print@CloudDeploy[
   Notebook@Flatten@{NotebookRead@EvaluationNotebook[]}, 
   Permissions -> "Public"]
 ]

You can tune that call however you like--I'm not gonna bother making the interface nice.

Then select some cells in your notebook, click the button, and only those cells will deploy.

Posted 3 months ago

b3m2a1: that's very helpful. Many thanks, also to Neil Singer and John Hendrickson for your help.

Lawrence

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract