Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to show step-by-step solutions for Laplace transforms?

Posted 11 years ago
Hello,

I tried to compute Laplace transform(sin(3t-2)*e^(-2t)) using WolframAlpha and I see no step-by-step solution. I hope anyone could guide me on a way to show step-by-step solutions for solving Laplace tranforms. I am using WolframAplha Pro.

Thank you.
POSTED BY: George Ayoub
5 Replies
I just tried what Sean recommended and it worked OK. Not as detailed as Nasser, but that just computes a tble integral. First you put in W|A fully defined Laplace integral
int sin(3*t-2)*e^(-2*t-s*t) from 0 to inf
and then click "show steps".

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
I have special access code that I use to get step-by-step solution emoticon  Here is the solution, step by step:

Check with Mathematica:
LaplaceTransform[Sin[3 t - 2]*E^(-2 t), t, s]
POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi

Hi Nasser,

Can you please advice how did you obtain the special access for getting Laplace transform steps?

Thanks

Can you please advice how did you obtain the special access for getting Laplace transform steps

I do not have special access, that was a joke (notice the smiley). I wrote the above myself. I think the best you can get now with an automated step by step is Sam's answer below using Wolfram Alpha.

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
What kind of step-by-step solution would be useful to you in this case? Would you want to see a solution that made use of a table of Laplace transforms?

Step-by-Step solutions for Laplace transforms doesn't seem to be implemented. You may be able to get a solution by typing the corresponding integral into WolframAlpha.
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract