3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Highlight the Intersection of Two Surfaces

Posted 11 years ago
Dear friends:

Why the solution below does not work ? My OS is Windows 8.1, but this is my first problem. This is the link of the above code:

Highlight The Intersection Of Two Surfaces

from the Documentation Center.
h = x^2 + y^2 + z^2 - 2;
g = x^3 + y^2 - z^2;

ContourPlot3D[{h == 0, g == 0}, {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2}, {z, -2, 2},
MeshFunctions -> {Function[{x, y, z, f}, h - g]},
MeshStyle -> {{Thick, Green}}, Mesh -> {{0}},
ContourStyle -> Directive[Orange, Opacity[0.5], Specularity[White, 30]]]

POSTED BY: Ana Squadri
3 Replies
Yes definition of all functions is indeed necessary for the code to work. We are glad it worked out for you and you found the cause of error.

To find your posts more easily in the future - look at the top right corner of community web page - there should be your name there. If you mouse over your name you will get a drop-down menu. Follow it as:

My Profile >> Discussions >> Created

You will see all your created discussions.
POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Dear Ana, please do not post the same question twice. If you need to change the content of your post, you can always edit it.

We copied and pasted the code from you post into Mathematica and it DID work as in Documentation. What error are you getting? What Mathematica version are you using?
POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Posted 11 years ago
Version 9.0.0. I find out the cause of the error. I was using Skydrive and the command  ContourPlot3D was not accepting h and g as the functions. I had to copy all the expressions and replace h and g. Now I am working out of the skydrive and everything is ok. Thank you  and excuse me for creating a new post. I did not had found the first post and I thought I was just creating it. Sorry.
POSTED BY: Ana Squadri
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract