|
|
9 Replies
|
7 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

How to set higher Magnification as default?

Posted 10 years ago
Hi all.

In Mathematica 9 is it possible to set a default Magnification for your windows? It really bugs me I have to go into a menu each time. I often forget and I'm squinting at tiny text and doing my aged eyes no good at all before I realise I've forgotten to up the magnification. I know you can control this with mouse wheel and Ctrl key, but I just want it set up so I don't have the hassle.

Help appreciated.
POSTED BY: Ed Wa;;
9 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
Thank you, Bruce -- That makes sense.
Best,
David
POSTED BY: David Keith
Mr. Keith,

I've seen this before.  The 1.25 in the Option Inspector sets a base level.
The 100% in the bottom of the notebook window is measured from that.
POSTED BY: Bruce Miller
Posted 10 years ago
And BTW, Bruce --- We've known each other for 20 years of back and forth emails, so I think you should call me "David."
Posted 10 years ago
Thanks, Marco.  I sent this in to tech support.
Best,
David

Dear David,

sorry, I don't have access to windows machines. But for what it's worth, it does appear to work on Macs and also on the Raspberry Pi. All new notebooks open with the changed magnification setting and even after restarting Mathematica the preferences are still behave as they should.

M.
POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 10 years ago
On Windows, Under Global Preferences/Notebook Options/Display/magnification I have a setting of 1.25.  But every new notebook opens with magnification 1.00 anyway.
Any ideas?
David
Posted 10 years ago
Hi David,

I have Windows (ancient Vista) and I have no problem with magnification setting 2. It's a real boon to start with notebooks you can read easily. So grateful to Marco.

Regards,
Ed
This might help.

This is on a Mac: Go to the Format Menu and click on Option Inspector. You then need to choose Global Preferences in the first drop down menu (which is labelled Selection at first). Then you go to Notebook Options, and then Display Options. Under Magnification you can change the value to anything from 0.5 to 3.

M.
POSTED BY: Marco Thiel
Posted 10 years ago
Hey Marco!

Thanks so much for this. I'm on Windows, but it's just the same. Really appreciated. Grateful thanks from me and my eyes emoticon.

Ed.
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract