4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Wolfram Language on Raspberry Pi - Can't copy Facebook authentication key

Posted 10 years ago
Hello Wolfram Language World!

This is my first post here and I am just getting started with Wolfram Language on Raspberry Pi. 
I tried running the SocialMediaData function and I can't seem to get it to work. Specifically I can't copy/paste the authentication key for Facebook.
Any ideas? Were you able to copy/paste authentication key for Facebook?

Here is what I did:
- I used the Midori browser on Raspberry to go to www.facebook.com
- I logged in with my Facebook credentials and then accepted the Wolfram Alpha request to access my information
- The previous step automatically generates an authentication key in a pop-up window
- In a separate Wolfram Language/Mathematica notebook window I typed SocialMediaData["Facebook", "Friends"]//Short and then Shift+Return 
- That prompted a pop-up window which wanted me to paste the authentication key created by the browser
- I tried to copy and paste the authentication key but I am not able to do so. I can highlight the authentication key and copy it using the right click option but it does not paste in the Wolfram Language window...

Thank you!!
POSTED BY: Marta BK
4 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
Great, thank you. I'll give it a go and let you know if it works.
For posting to Facebook, this should work:
ServiceExecute["Facebook", "PostMessage", {"Message"->"test"}]
POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Posted 10 years ago
Hi Arnoud,
Thank you so much for your reply. It was very clear and easy to follow. It worked great! My problem was that I was using the right click on the mouse or ctrlC/V instead of the center wheel...
Now my issue is that I can't get the SendMessage function to work.
When I type the following in the input:
SendMessage["Facebook","test - writing this using Wolfram Language"]
I get "German" as the output...
Having a bit of Hitchhikers' guide to the galaxy moment...the answer to life, the universe, and everything is...German!
In Midora, you can just select the full authentication key (no need to press control-c or anything).

In the Mathematica dialog, click inside the input field and then click the middle button of your mouse (or click on the scroll wheel).

This will paste the key, then click the Done button.

After this you should have access to your own facebook data within Mathematica:

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract