Message Boards Message Boards

Symbolic linearization of Modelica model

Posted 10 years ago
Hi,
I've tried to linearize a Modelica model compose of thermal conductors and capacitors.
This model uses the Modelica.Thermal.HeatTransfer.Components.HeatCapacitor and ThermalConductor and other models/blocks from the Modelica standard Library.

I want to linearize it in a symbolic way by taking into account symbolic parameters of this model. It works well with 1 or 2 parameters however when I tried to add a third one to the parameter list, it fails.
Does anyone knows if there is some limitation for this.
Regards,
Gilles
Attachments:
POSTED BY: Gilles PLESSIS
2 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I will try to simplify a bit my model before publishing it.
However making more trials give me few hints. The source of the issue may come from :
- parameters in vector form are not so well handle,
- records for parameter are not so well handle too. You need to expand the record when using it as a symbolical parameter
    Not working, keep in numerical form :
        WSMLinearize[model,Method -> {"SymbolicDerivative","SymbolicParameters" -> {"rec"}}]
    Seems to work :
        WSMLinearize[model,Method -> {"SymbolicDerivative","SymbolicParameters" -> {"rec.item1","rec.item2"}}]
- encapsulation of record (nested records)?

In addition the WSMLinearize function seems to be a bit unstable. Sometimes when using it, it fails, but when you re-run the function, it works.
Gilles
POSTED BY: Gilles PLESSIS
Posted 10 years ago
Hi,

Would it be possible to publish your model?
POSTED BY: Johan Rhodin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract