Message Boards Message Boards

Taking advantage of .NET functionality in best Mathematica style

Edited Post, which contains the Notebook!

For various different reaons, I am quite interested in taking advantage of .NET functionality in a clean manner and in an optimal "Mathematica Style".  I usually summarize my projects in a notebook, which I can re-check and then use it in other projects.  In this case, I was actually interested in accessing a UDP server that we run on our microscopes.  However, since the microscopes were not accessible from outside the local network, I practiced my code by accessing a UDP time server and eventually got hooked up in the project until it was completed.

The main reason I am interested in the .NET functionality is that I have been trying to access hardware such as Arduino, NI-USB, oscilloscope boards and most recently scientific cameras from ANDOR.  I then develop interfaces that use either the provided DLLs or the available .NET-based functionality.

This notebook should be run from the top.  VERY IMPORTANT: The last few lines of code shut down the entire system in a clean and correct manner.  The notebook has references to external links with all the documentation I could find at the time I developed it.

It would be neat to have a collection of notebooks that explained in some detail how to use these resources.  Other topics could be access to USB devices, audio cards, video codecs, ...
Attachments:
4 Replies

I uploaded a 12.0 version of my "Access Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server" to the Wolfram Notebook Respository. 1) https://notebookarchive.org/access-network-time-protocol-ntp-server--2019-12-3pi43da/ 2) Ernst H.K. Stelzer, "Access Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server" from the Notebook Archive (2019), https://notebookarchive.org/2019-12-3pi43da

Hi, I updated the text slightly and added the notebook.

Dear Ernst
I would be very interested in looking at yiour .Net link - you dont seem to have posted the link yet?  #next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
POSTED BY: Clemens Dempers
Ernst,

I don't think we support file uploads yet ("Coming soon").

However, you can upload a notebook to a 3rd party file upload service and link to it.
POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract