1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

operating system with mathematica 9

Posted 10 years ago
hi,
I want to know which operating system is best to use mathematica 9. Currently have installed windows 8 on my laptop, to resolve integral or minimize equations with several variables mathematica this occupies only 20-30% of the cpu. As I can do to make mathematica 9 runs in maximum performance?.
ThanksĀ 
POSTED BY: Michael castro
There is no best operating system for Mathematica. In what sense would you want to compare operating systems? Mathematica should run fine on Windows/ OS X and most common varities of Linux. See this link for more information (https://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/features/system-requirements.html).

There're many reasons you might be seeing Mathematica only use 20-30%. One common reason people see this is that they have a multicore machine and are running something that isn't a parallelizable process in Mathematica. In this case, the computation is restricted to one CPU. Another reason might be that the OS is allocating only that amount for Mathematica. This could be happening for a number of reasons, including that something else is running or there's another process with a higher priority. It's hard to say.
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract