Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
8 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

What's Wolfram working on with respect to the RPi?

I was wondering if anyone can provide some insight into what Wolfram is currently doing with respect to development on the Raspberry Pi?  We had a software update at the end of January, 2014 and that seemed to fix few bugs and tweak performance a bit.  I suspect that RPi development takes a back seat to revenue-generating endeavors so my expectations aren't that high.  Perhaps there's a buglist/performance priorities list that can be shared with the community?
POSTED BY: BoB LeSuer
8 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Since my comment on the blog is still pending, I'll post here:

I’m interested to know if I buy the $300 version of Mathematica if I’m required to pay a subscription fee annually for it, or is that $300 a one time price? If it’s a one time price, please consider reducing the online version of Mathematica because it looks like it has an annual price of $150. http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/pricing/industry-individuals.php

POSTED BY: sean max

Very exciting!

POSTED BY: BoB LeSuer

Bob & others,

We just released an update to get parity with the recent M10 release.

See: http://blog.wolfram.com/2014/08/01/wolfram-language-and-mathematica-updated-for-the-raspberry-pi/

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing

Hi Sean,

Probably a WRI employee can comment on this. I don't have any inside knowledge ;-) Best, David

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Posted 10 years ago

Hi David,

Pardon me, I thought you were a WRI employee! My mistake!

Best,

Sean

Hi Sean,

No problem. I am connected with the company in a number of ways, but not an official employee. So I know some things, am stupid on others, and am NDA'd on the rest ;-)

Best, David

The version of Mathematia that is on the Raspberry Pi is presumably a development version of the as-yet unreleased version 10 of Mathematica.  I'd expect that it will be upgraded to the released version when it is officially offered.
Posted 10 years ago

Hello David,

It's my understanding that MMX is now released. Is this correct? If so, will the raspberry pi version be updated anytime soon?

Thanks, Sean

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract