|
5 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Manipulate - eliminate the plus box

Posted 10 years ago

Does anyone know how to remove the plus box from the upper right-hand corner of a CDF entirely?

POSTED BY: Stuart Carney
5 Replies

Strange. Is this showing up both in Mathematica and the CDFPlayer?

POSTED BY: David Reiss

Thanks very much for this. I did not know you could put Options into the Manipulate variables. This let me simplify my interface as I had hoped, but had no effect on the weird characters which still appear, as this image shows. This is using the latest OS X and reasonably current Mathematica. enter image description here

I am not sure what those weird charadtersare that you show in your image of the Manipulate. They don't appear when I execute it, nor when I display it in the CDFPlayer (as opposed to Mathematica). What operating system are you on? I am on OSX. If they are appearing in a different OS then this should be reported as a bug to Homer Simpson...

But back to your original question... You can also use the AppearanceElements within the individual local variables of the Manipulate like this, for example:

Manipulate[u, {u, 0, 1, AppearanceElements -> None}, AppearanceElements -> None]

Or, in this case, to only get the InputField,

Manipulate[u, {u, 0, 1, AppearanceElements -> {"InputField"}},  AppearanceElements -> None]

Et, voila!

You are interested in the AppearanceElements option. Compare

Manipulate[u v, {u, 0, 1}, {v, 0, 1}, AppearanceElements -> Automatic]

with

Manipulate[u v, {u, 0, 1}, {v, 0, 1}, AppearanceElements -> {}] 

or

Manipulate[u v, {u, 0, 1}, {v, 0, 1}, AppearanceElements -> None]
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract