|
15 Replies
|
14 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Is something wrong with posts?

Posted 10 years ago

If i go to a reply I made a few days ago I find that the notebook I attached now appears in some sort of text box, rather than as a download link.

Is there something wrong here, or is it that I don't understand this new interface?

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/274061

POSTED BY: David Keith
15 Replies

Thanks for your concern and feedback. We encountered some post formatting issues over the weekend, but we believe that they have been resolved at this point. If you see further oddness with formatting on the site, please email us at <a href=mailto:wolfram-community@wolfram.com>wolfram-community@wolfram.com.

We are currently working to diagnose the slowness of the main Dashboard, and hope to have a resolution soon.

POSTED BY: Dan Newman

It still remains quite fragile.

And I just timed the loading time for http://community.wolfram.com on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. Typically it takes between 10 and 15 seconds for the page to load. This slowness has been true for much of the site's life. Other complex feature-rich sites with detailed formatting (such as http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/) load almost instantly.

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Posted 10 years ago

Yes -- now things look good again. Gremlins are working in das machineverks. I'll give them space and check again tomorrow!

It seems to be working sensibly now...

Posted 10 years ago

Just to check, this post has an attached notebook.

Attachments:
Posted 10 years ago

It did not work.

Posted 10 years ago

It did not work.

Posted 10 years ago

The two "it did not work" posts did not show up until I quit firefox and restarted. Neither did the attached file.

1)It is now slower than before.

2)Do not see name of person posting. (who is Jedi anyway? Why is everyone named Jedi now?)

3)Some messages says it has replies, when I click on it, I see no replies. Here is an example message link

I know, since I replied to the above few days ago, and now I do not see the replies. But the messages says it has 2 replies.

4) Formatting seems to have been lost. I see text flowing over each other with long lines and no break points. Hard to read. I add new line when I write, and the new line is lost when I finish and submit the post. How does one format things now, just normal text?

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi

I have reported the problems though the bugs system.... with luck this will get resolved once the weekend is past...

Yes, it's busted. I sent in a feedback email with screenshot. Presumably they know about it, but no action has been taken thus far.

Cool! I'm a Jedi Knight.

...but I was sort of hoping for Jabba the Hut....

I also have the same issue, Also you appear now as a "Jedi Knight"... I think they are redesigning the forum, but they should've done that in a sandbox, away from us...

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 10 years ago

May the farce be with us! ;-)

Posted 10 years ago

Further, this post does not look anything like the Post Preview that was visible when I created the post.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract