Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Wolfram|Alpha "search" function not working.

Posted 10 years ago

Whenever I try to search something on www.wolframalpha.com which takes me too www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=<question>, the blob at the bottom just keeps morphing and growing and I never get my question answered. If I open up the html code for the page, the answer is actually hidden behind the blob, but the blob won't disappear. Can someone please help me?

I am using Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Build 13D65. I have tried disabling adblock and updating Java and Flash.

POSTED BY: Taesung Hwang
4 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

The "blob" is the movie that they play while they are working on a calculation because everything must be animated today.

When I try your query on several different browsers, including Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 running on Windows 7 64, I am not able to see the blob that will not finish.

Perhaps you could submit all the details, os version, chrome version, query, etc to the WolframAlpha support people and see if they can reproduce this, track the cause down and fix it.

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Posted 10 years ago

I Already put my Chrome version and OS on the original post. I'm not sure what query is and I've uploaded HTML codes. This situation still happens with and without the Chrome Extension. Could the problem be because of Chrome's low support towards Java 64-bit?

Posted 10 years ago

If you could give an example of something you are searching for, and copy the URL from WolframAlpha after it displays the result and perhaps even a screen capture showing what it looks like, all the html for the contents of the page probably not needed, then someone could try to reproduce your problem and perhaps find an answer for you.

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Posted 10 years ago

No matter what I'm trying to search for, it shows up as something similar to the screen shown. Now the massive "blob" of shades of gray just keeps morphing and growing.

Wolfram Loading Screen

Now here is the webpage saved as "Webpage, Complete" according to Google Chrome. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4awroe4yko2hsb6/Archive.zip

Now today I found out that if I use Safari on my Mac, everything works but on Google Chrome, there's no result except for that blob.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract