3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Inequalities system : find new relations via Wolfram|Alpha - HELP

Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

I have a set of inequalities : (as, ws, al, ch are constant names of two letters)

3*as > ws

17*as > al

3*al > ch

. . .

How do I ask for new relations that can be deduced from this set, for a given constant ?

Also: WolframAlpha is confusing "al" constant name with some USA state I think. That's quite USA-centric, anyway I'd like to make it clear that it's all mathematic, nothing to look up anywhere.

POSTED BY: D GM
3 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

Then post the real problem, or experiment with the names, try single character names but avoid names like e and i and other names that might have some generally accepted meaning.

Unfortunately, at least the last time I tried it, WolframAlpha did not understand the Mathematica "Outer" function, where it would combine all possible pairs of items from lists. If all your relations were consistently < then something like that might let you add arbitrary pairs of relations or perhaps even form linear combinations of pairs of relations. But perhaps with that idea you might think of a way to accomplish this

Outer

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Posted 10 years ago

While it might be a bother, I've found it less complains less and sometimes even finds answers when I name variables x, y and sometimes z.

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Posted 10 years ago

You are right, but I have more then 12 variables, so sticking to x, y, z names won't help here...

POSTED BY: D GM
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract