|
6 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

MMA10: ExportString is not available in trial version of Wolfram Language

Posted 10 years ago

I've installed Mathematica 10 on a Win 7 Machine.

Getting the following error messages when trying to interact with Entities

Example PersonData[Entity["Person","LionelMessi"],"Image"] enter image description here

Same issue when trying to use GeoListPlot against geographical entities *General::unavail: ExportString is not available in this version of the Wolfram Language. String or list of strings expected at position 1 in \ StringReplace[ExportString[Thu, 10 Jul 2014 04:10:43 GMT ,Base64 ],* ->]. >>

POSTED BY: Diego Zviovich
6 Replies

If you mouse over the gray circle with the "i" it gives more information about the trial version. enter image description here

POSTED BY: Jesus Hernandez

Which systems are concerned? I have tried that on a Mac with the trial version and I cannot reproduce the problem. Also in the Cloud and using the prerelease it seems to work fine on my computer. Or am I missing something?

M.

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Wizard is exactly correct on all accounts. We are aware of this being a limitation and looking into how to best fix it.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

@Sean, are there any updates on this trial to find a solution? I bought a Raspberry Pi B+ to get get personal access to Mathematica and it works slowly but great, with the exception of many Wolfram-Alpha calls, due to the HW limitations of the Pi. So I registered for a 30 days trial period of Mathematica 10 in order to try out its capabilities and verify if it is worth ~150 € per year for pure personal usage, with the result, that most Wolfram-Alpha calls ends up in a "ExportString is not available in this version of the Wolfram Language." error message. Even the simplest as "= GDP of Germany", which really do not provide any sophisticated or disclosed data at all, as well as most other freely available computed query results on the public Wolfram-Language web site, can not be accessed from within the Mathematica 10 trial edition.

Even though I appreciate of course, that there is a free trial version of Mathematica, which is not self-evident, I think you (as a representative of Wolfram Research in this forum) might agree, that this "inscrutable" limitation is somewhat frustrating while trying to examine whether Mathematica 10 is worth 150 €/ year for just personal mathematical playing around. :)

Regards, Sven

POSTED BY: Sven Wiebus

We're working on improving the situation for future releases of Mathematica.

In the meantime, contact info@wolfram.com and let them know that you'd be interested in a version of the trial which allowed this. Please also include which country you live in since it will help them route the question to the correct salesperson more quickly.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Posted 10 years ago

Having the same problem here, basically no Export-function is working. I assume this has to do with limited functionality of the trial version. If this is true wolfram should really mention this limitation somewhere or way better remove the limitation because being able to use Export is essential for testing functionality in many different ways.

POSTED BY: Wizard
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract