Message Boards Message Boards

From local CDF to managed Cloud service?

Posted 10 months ago

In our organization, there exists a CDF document which provides insights based on data that is embedded into it. This comes with several issues:

• No proper access management: (Basically) everyone can download the .cdf file from a shared drive -- including the underlying data. It would be desirable to exert control over who can access both the .cdf file and the data that is embedded within it.

• Manual data updates: The original author has to regularly update the embedded data by hand, there is no pipeline that feeds up-to-date data into the .cdf file -- that's time consuming and should be outsourced.

• Cumbersome access: Instead of asking people to download a file, we'd much rather share with them a URL, where they can find the CDF embedded into a web site. This web site could be protected by some authentication mechanism and would prevent the endless duplication of said file.

Hence my question: as we're hardly the first ones experiencing this, how is this typically solved? I read that CDFs can be deployed to Wolfram Cloud, but how does it integrate with enterprise access management? How is confidential data dealt with -- can Wolfram Cloud be connected to work with local data sinks?

I'm curious to hear you experiences. :)

POSTED BY: Just Another Guy
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract