Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Seeking techniques for detailed step-by-step solution of integral equation transformation

Posted 5 months ago

Hello Mathematica Community,

I am working on a mathematical problem where I need to transform an integral equation into a simpler form using Euler's Formula and the Error Function. My current Mathematica code successfully simplifies the equation, but I'm looking for ways to extract more detailed intermediate steps within Mathematica.

The original equation is: enter image description here

And it is transformed into:

enter image description here

I have used Euler's formula for the sine function and Mathematica provides the simplified result directly as:

enter image description here

However, I'm interested in understanding the intermediate steps that Mathematica goes through to arrive at this result. Specifically, I am looking for:

1. Mathematica techniques or functions that can help me break down the transformation process into more granular steps.
  2. Insights into how Mathematica handles integral transformations, especially involving complex functions and the error function.
  3. Any special Mathematica tricks or commands that could make these intermediate steps more explicit.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance on how to use Mathematica more effectively for this purpose. Understanding the intermediate steps is crucial for my learning process.

Thank you for your help!

POSTED BY: Rob Leny
Posted 5 months ago

Crossposted here.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract