|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to select region in Inpaint?

Posted 10 years ago

Elementary I'm sure, but it's driving me completely crazy. I've scanned a fold-out. The resulting image has a crease I want to Inpaint. I can locate this crease exactly with ImageTake but I can't for the life of me make it work in Inpaint. Nothing I can think of makes it work. I really would be grateful if someone could tell me how to do it. I was hoping for something like Inpaint[foldout, ImageTake[foldout, rowCount, {startColCrease, endColCrease}]] but oh no that's no way hard enough to work in Mathematica.

I would be even more grateful if in the next edition of Mathematica Help file topic begin with straightforward examples that stupids with ordinary IQs below 180 can understand. Really is that too much to ask?

POSTED BY: Ed Wa;;
2 Replies

Can you provide the image you are trying to fix?

Posted 10 years ago

Hi Giulio. I can't do that for copyright and privacy reasons, but in any case I believe I understand the issue. The region in fact has to be an image, graphic or matrix equal in dimensions to the image being inpainted i.e. to say I have to provide a mask?

Unfortunately it turns out I don't have enough computer memory to process the image (it's a very large file), but I do believe I understand what I have to do - use ReplacePixelVlue to create an appropriate mask for the crease. I'll experiment with a reduced file and come back if I'm still in difficulty.

Thank you for your reply.

Ed.

POSTED BY: Ed Wa;;
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract