Message Boards Message Boards

Can I use the same code which I used in Mathematica home edition in Cloud?

Posted 10 years ago

When I use the code in programming cloud which I used in my home edition I get error messages. I am not able to find the reason for the error because the same code works perfectly in my desktop home edition. Is there any difference in the coding aspect?

The task: I am looking to import comments from Facebook from a particular post. I am able to do this easily in my desktop home edition. When the same code is used in cloud programming its not working. I don;t know why its not working. What changes should I do to make it work properly. I am not able to see any flaws in my logic. I am finding hard to debug the error. Please let me know how to overcome this. Thanks in advance.

POSTED BY: Hari Ganesh
3 Replies

SocialMediaData is not yet supported on Wolfram Programming Cloud. It is in the to-do list.

POSTED BY: Bruce Miller

As no one has tried to answer your question, I'll speculate that the Wolfram cloud doesn't have access to your Facebook account.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Posted 10 years ago

I don't think so it can be the reason. Because I am able to take the post information from my Facebook account. If I am able to take posts from my account logically there should not be a problem to take comments. There must be some technical issues which I am not able to solve. Logically there should not be any issue. My guess is I am using FQL to retrieve my post and comment. But Facebook is switching to Graph API. On the other hand Mathematica is improving towards natural language. That may work. May be I need to change my old code to new. This is my speculation. Not sure. Correct me if I am wrong.

POSTED BY: Hari Ganesh
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract