Message Boards Message Boards

Colloquium event - numerical methods for partial differential equations and their applications

enter image description here

In this special online colloquium, we have invited researchers from around the world to share their recent exciting work. The topic of the inaugural event in this series is "Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations and Their Applications". The works shown range from new quantitative methods, to new real-world applications, to novel ways of modeling. The event also begins with a very brief introduction to PDE Models in the Wolfram Language that introduces functionality new to Version 14.

The (estimated) start time for each presenter can be found in the cloud notebook here: Link.

To register for the event please follow the link to the BigMarker platform found below.

Register Here

Please feel free to use this thread to collaborate and share ideas. Also let us know what colloquium topics interest you for future events in this series!

enter image description here

POSTED BY: John McNally

Hello John, Oliver,

Congratulations on an excellent Colloquium.

Could I ask, if Cheng Wang would be so kind as to share her notebook so that I may study her approach in more detail? I don't mind to reach out to her myself, but wanted to ask through this avenue first.

Oliver, I am progressing through your suggestion to my question posted during the session, to see the various boundary condition application examples. I may still have to ask you directly again. The problem I am considering is how one might prescribe boundary conditions for Natural convection driven flow "through" a domain. The simplest geometry would be a square domain where the vertical walls are heated and the horizontal are an inlet flow boundary on the underside and an outlet flow boundary on the upper side.

Thank you again, John Burgers.

POSTED BY: John Burgers
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract